Title: Lost in Love, Part 2

Summary:  Jack is still very upset about Sam being in love with Daniel, but can Sam help Jack understand before the team is lost forever?

Rating: PG-13

E-mail: hm9164@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people form Stargate SG1. But if anyone hears that they’re for sale, I'll buy them all.

 

Jack sat in his office on the last day of his time off. Everyone who was on the base had almost fallen dead when he had come in this morning. He had nothing to do at his house; he tried fishing to clear his mind but it just seemed to make him think about Sam and Daniel more and more. Sam had called around 35 times and Daniel had called at least six times as much as she did, but he hadn't picked up the phone once; he just let them tell his answering machine what they could in the span of 2 minutes. Jack still had no idea why Daniel kept calling, since Jack had given him that fat lip and all.

"Colonel O'Neill."

Jack looked up to see Teal'c was standing in his door way.

"Hey Teal'c, how's the kid?"

"Ry'ac is well."

"That's great."

"May I ask what you are doing on base?"

"Oh, um, I just wanted to see when you were getting back, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go fishing on our last day off?"

"I am very tired from my time off world, O'Neill."

"I thought you guys didn't need any sleep."

"That is true, O'Neill, but I must go." Teal'c said and then left the room.

**********

Sam gave Daniel a long kiss before slipping out of the car.

"I'll be back around 11:00 to pick you up and then we're going to go get lunch ok?" He smiled at her.

"Yes, Daniel, I'll be out here, okay?"

 She gave him one last smile before turning and going into the SGC. She knew that she had to talk to Jack. After what had happened to Daniel when he tried to talk to Jack, she had been trying to put it off. But she knew that she had to clear things up before the team were to go off world again.

She made her way down to Jack’s office.  When she got there, she softly knocked on the partly opened door.

"Come in."

She stepped into the room and saw him looking up at her from the chair at the other end of the room.

"Sam, how did you know I was going to be in here?"

She smiled at his surprise.

"A little bird told me."

"Teal'c."

"That might him, it might not."

She walked across the room and sat in the chair next to him.

"How's Danny's jaw?"

"Better.  A little bruised, but he’s okay"

"That’s good."

"Yeah, but he’s still upset though."

"Why?"

"Come on, Jack, I think you know what’s been bothering him, and it's not his jaw. It’s why he got it and who gave it to him."

Jack know that he had started feeling guilty about what he did to Daniel, but what was he supposed to do? Tell Danny that he was sorry about hitting him because Daniel slept with the women that Jack had been in love with her for as long as he had known her?  How could he tell Sam this? She was in love with Daniel and now she wanted to talk to him about Daniel?

"Jack, are you okay?"

"Not really.  I have a lot on my mind"

"About?"

"Well, you know… stuff."

"Jack, I have to talk to you about the other day when you came over to my house and Daniel was there."

"What about it?"

"Jack, why did you hit Daniel?"

 Jack looked at her with some surprise on his face.  Hadn’t Daniel told her? He thought to himself.

"Did Danny tell you?"

"No, he said he didn't have a right to because it was something he thought that you would have to tell me, and that he couldn't say any more than that."

"Oh, well then… um, I don't know how to tell you why.   All I can say is that I'm in love with you, Sam Carter."

"Is that why you hit him, because I'm in love with him? Jack, how could you do that? He didn't choose for me to be in love with him and not you."

He had to fight back the tears that were trying to come over him.

"But he knew how I felt. He knew that I loved you. He knew and then he went and made love to the woman I love, the woman who I wanted to make love to." he couldn't fight the tears anymore, and they made their way down his cheeks.

"Jack, I know… but as I said I never did this to hurt you."

Jack and Sam looked up to see Daniel in the doorway.

"Jack, I would never do that if it were only because you loved her. Jack, I love her, and when I found out that she loved me I couldn't help but give myself to her. You have no idea how many times I dreamed about Sam being in love with me in the way I always thought she was with you. Damn it, Jack, can you just be happy for me for once?" Daniel let out a long breath.

The room was silent for a few long lingering minutes.

"I am happy for you, but it’s just as well. I was jealous and I still am, but I guess I'll just have to get over that won’t I?"

He looked at Sam and then got up and pulled Daniel into a hug.

~END~