Title: Run to me

Author: Heather

E-mail:  geek@archaeologist.com

Summary: Jack calls it quits with Sam to give ex-wife Sarah a second chance.

Pairing: Jack/Sam, Jack/Sarah, Sam/Daniel

Spoilers: The movie.

Season: 4

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: none

Category: hurt/comfort

Disclaimers: I don’t own Stargate SG-1; they belong to the luckiest people alive because they own Daniel Jackson.!!

 

A/N: I’ve been wanting to write this fic ever since I heard this song on a friend’s Clay Aiken CD. I hope you like it!!!  Thanks to Jess for betaing this and all my fics for me. (Look for her fan fiction too; she is a great writer and I love all of her work.)

 

 

 

Run to me

            Clay Aiken

 

Don’t, you don’t have to save my life

No, you’re not ready I can feel it

Outside it’s raining, but I’ll just go home

Someday you heart will let him go.

 

Soon as you get that feeling 

You can start to live again

As soon as the worst is over

You can make it all make sense

Right now, I can’t give you what you need

As soon as you get the feeling…

 Run to me.

 

Hush, you don’t have to say a word.

Trust, I’m not going to hate you for it

Feels like my touch only brings back the pain

Someday those memories will fade away

 

As soon as you get that feeling

You can start to live again

As soon as the worst is over

You can make it all make sense

Right now, I can’t give you what you need

As soon as you get that feeling…

Run to me

 

How can I be brave enough to say goodbye?

I’d die inside without you

Can’t you see it’s hard enough to walk away?

Don’t look at me you make me wrong,

I’ve been through this to make me strong

 

As soon as you get that feeling

You can start to live again

As soon as the worst is over

You can make it all make sense

Right now I can’t give you what you need

As soon as you get that feeling

As soon as you get that feeling…

Run to me.

 

1/3

~Jack O‘Neill~

 

It was time he did what he needed to do for about three weeks now: he had to tell Sam it was over. It hurt him a ton to have to do this, but he and Sarah were going to try and work things out. He loved Sam, but he loved Sarah more.  He had been dreading this. He had already started to cancel plans with Sam, saying that he was too busy to make it out, but now he had to tell her why before he hurt her anymore.  He needed to make this short, sweet, and to the point, or he may not be able to do it.

 

He looked at her office door.  Maybe she wasn’t in there; maybe she had gone home and he wouldn’t have to do this tonight or here in the SGC. But, of course, right then his ‘luck’ kicked in as Sam opened the door.  She jumped when she saw him less then a foot from her.

 

 “Jack.  Hi, what's up?” She smiled up at him very lovingly.

 

“Well, actually I would like to have a talk with you in your office.” He put his hand on her shoulder as they walked into her office. As soon as he had shut the door, she turned sharply to face him.

 

 “What's going on, Jack? Is everything okay?”

 

“Well, here at the SGC - yes, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about. Sam, I’m sorry, but I have to stop seeing you.”

 

He watched her as her eyes widened and filled with tears.

 

“Why?” She turned so that he now had to talk to her back.

 

“Well, Sarah called the other night and she wanted to go to dinner, and, well I said yes. But then on our way home she told me she wanted to get back together and to try and make things work out again.  I told her that I would give it another try if she truly wanted to. So, again, I’m sorry Sam, but I have wanted to get my marriage back and now I can.”

 

He reached out and put his hand on her shoulder, but it was slapped off hard by Sam as she turned around, her face soaked in tears.

 

“Get out of my office, Colonel.”

 

All he could do now was leave.   He didn’t want to push her away further.

           

 

 

             2/3

 

            ~Samantha Carter~

 

She watched as he shut the door. What had just happened? The man who had been trying to get together with her for 4 years now was leaving her for his ex-wife, who he’d said he stopped loving the day their son Charlie died. Now Sarah was better then her, but why? Why had he just stopped loving her????

 

“Samantha?”

 

She looked up to see Daniel in her office doorway. She watched as he shut the door and made his way over to her side.

 

“What's wrong, Sam?”

 

How was she supposed to tell him that she and Jack had been dating, and then about all that had just happened? She could feel his warm arms pull her into a hug.  Now the tears were flowing hard again and she couldn’t do anything to stop them.

 

They sat there, she in Daniel’s arms, crying harder than she had since her mother had died.

 

“Daniel.” She broke the silence.

 

“Yes, Sam.”

 

 

           

             3/3

 

          ~Daniel Jackson~

 

He looked down at her, waiting for her to tell him what was wrong and why she was crying so hard.

 

“I fell in love.”

 

He watched her as she broke down in to tears again.

 

“Sam, it’s okay to be in love,” he said as he felt her shuddering against his body.

 

“No, Daniel, not when I fell in love with Jack.”

 

Daniel tried to hide the shock of what she was saying, but he was more worried about hiding his own hurt than the fact that he had fallen in love with Sam.

 

“What happened, Sam?”

 

He had to give her some time to think of what she was going to say. Something must have hurt her pretty badly for her to be crying like this.

 

“We ended up dating; we’ve been dating for 4 months now. I’m sorry we didn’t tell you, Daniel. I wanted to, but Jack said he wanted to wait.”

 

“Shhh, Sam, calm down. It’s okay.” He said softly into her hair. “Just tell me what happened.”

 

 She turned her head and looked up at him, her blue eyes soaked like spring rain.

 

“He’s going to give Sarah another try.”

 

It hit him harder than he had expected.  Jack had called it quits with Sam so he could hook back up with his ex-wife.

 

“Oh, Sam, I’m so sorry. What can I do to help?”

 

Just stay here with me.”

 

“Okay.”

 

As they were sitting there, he remembered why he had come to her office.  He didn’t feel that he could hold back his love for her anymore, and now he had to force it back down while he sat there with her in his arms, crying over the man she loved.

 

“Daniel.”

 

Her voice pulled him from his thoughts.

 

“Yes love.”  Shit, he let his thoughts go a little too free, and he almost prepared himself for a hit.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

How was he supposed to answer? He looked down at her, their faces so close, her hand on his cheek.

 

“Samantha, you’re the most important person in my life.  You mean the world to me.”

 

Her thumb ran over his upper cheek, her touch so soft. Why was she doing this to him?

 

“Daniel, that’s not an answer.”

 

“Sam, I -”

 

He was cut off by her lips covering his. He had dreamt of this a million times, and started to kiss back but then pulled away.

 

 “Sam, you’re very hurt right now, so my feelings for you don’t matter.  I’m here to help you get through this hard time. But, if you must know, yes, I love you more then life itself.  You can’t love me back, not yet; but when you’re over him and when the thoughts of him no longer make you cry, and when being in my arms doesn't make you hurt, I’ll tell you everything about how much I love you.”

 

                                                               ~END~