Authors Note: Songfic to a country song. I heard the song and thought of Daniel and Sam. Since I don’t have enough technical know-how or the patience to make a music video– I wrote a fic. Changes POV– I hope it makes sense. Daniel’s POV, Sam’s POV, //lyrics//

Pairings: Daniel and Sam

Time line: Whenever you want after CoTG.

Feedback: Appreciated but not required. Kitty_maxwell_yuy@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: I do not own Stargate SG1 or any of the characters therein. I also claim no rights to the song You Shouldn’t Kiss me Like This by Toby Keith.


You Shoudn’t Kiss M e Like This

By: Kitty Carter-Jackson



//I’ve got a funny feeling

The moment that your lips touched mine

Something shot right through me

My heart skipped a beat in time//



Sam kissed me last night. We had gone on one of our movie “dates” and when I dropped her off she kissed me. It wasn’t a kiss of the friendly variety, at least it didn’t feel like it was. My heart stopped when our lips met each other. When she pulled away I knew I was lost. I was helplessly and hopelessly in love with my best friend. What do I do now?


//There’s a different feel about you tonight

It’s got me thinking crazy things

I even saw a flash of light

It felt like electricity//



Daniel and I went out last night. It was a regular movie date until the very end. When Daniel walked me to my door like the gentleman he is, I kissed him. In the few moments that our lips were joined I saw things, crazy things. A future, one of the infinite possibilities. This is what I saw: I invite him in and we have coffee. We talk and secrets tumble past our lips, words of love. Flash forward and I see children. Children with his blue eyes and my blonde hair. Our children. I pulled away and went inside not sure how to process this new information.



When Sam’s lips met mine I felt new feelings. Feelings I have never felt before even with Sha’re. It was like electricity. It coursed through my whole being. It was unbelievable.


//You shouldn’t kiss me like this

Unless you mean it like that

Cause I’ll just close my eyes

And I won’t know where I’m at

We’ll get lost on this dance floor

Spinnin’ around

And around

And around

And around//



Daniel suggested that we go dancing tonight instead of the movies. It had been a long time since I had gone dancing so I readily agreed. When I stepped close to him, I felt safe and whole. It was like he completed something in me I never knew I was missing. Turned out Daniel was an excellent dancer and I wondered if there was anything he couldn’t do.


Sam kissed me again. I had suggested dancing and she had agreed. When we were under the dim lights on the dance floor and the music was slow, time stopped for me. She felt so perfect in my arms, like she belonged there. I looked into her eyes and she returned in kind and then she kissed me. She shouldn’t kiss me like this. It makes me want her so much more, makes me want to be hers. I wonder how it feels to her.


//They’re all watchin’ us now

They think we’re falling in love

They’d never believe we’re just friends

When you kiss me like this

I think you mean it like that

If you do baby kiss me again//



I felt the eyes of every couple on us as we danced last night. I wonder what they thought. They probably thought Daniel and I were lovers. Of course I did nothing to dispute that when I kissed him. Are best friends supposed to kiss? It seemed like the right thing to do. What does that mean?



Will you kiss me again Sam? Kiss me again and I will know that it feels the same way to you that it does to me. I need a sign from you.


//Everybody swears we make the perfect pair

But dancing is as far as it goes

Girl you’re never moved me quite

The way you moved me tonight

I just wanted you to know

I just wanted you to know//



When Sam went to the ladies room to “freshen up” I was approached by many a people telling me how perfect Sam and I looked together. When I told them we were just friends, they laughed it off believing that I was being discrete. Which was true in the event that I don’t kiss and tell. I wonder if Sam knows what she does to me.


//You shouldn’t kiss me like this

Unless you mean it like that

Cause I’ll just close my eyes

And I won’t know where I’m at

We’ll get lost on this dance floor

Spinnin’ around

And around

And around

And around//



When Daniel and I left the restaurant I saw many people flash Daniel a look. It looked like they thought he was going to get lucky tonight.



What was she doing? Kissing me. Did she know what that did to me? Did she know that everytime our lips met I saw us together? Laying in bed side by side whispering words of love. Geting up and cooking breakfast together. Living a life together as lovers, eventual marriage and maybe one day as parents. Parents to children with her eyes and thirst for knowledge.


//They’re all watchin’ us now

They think we’re falling in love

They’d never believe we’re just friends

When you kiss me like this

I think you mean it like that

If you do baby kiss me again//



As Daniel drove me home we listened to the radio. We usually talked but not tonight. He had the country station playing which I found interesting. I didn’t know that he liked country all that much. Then the song changed and I realized it was a mix CD I had made him. That was why I knew the song, it was a favourite of mine.


He walked me to the door and I kissed him once again. When I pulled away I heard him whisper, “You shouldn’t kiss me like this, unless you mean it like that.”


I looked into his deep blue eyes and murmured quietly, “I mean it like that.” Then I kissed him again.


Finis-


Back to Main Fanfic Page