Change for the Better


Author: Jess
Rating: PG-13
Archive: Anywhere - just let me know where it's going and keep my name on it.
Summary: Not long after Vala has returned and joins SG-1 full-time, Sam still feels uncomfortable about the changes since she’d first left. She gets herself reassigned, and, in the process, discovers some deep feelings that really need to be addressed.
Subjects: S/D Romance, Angst, UST
Content Warning: Mild profanity.  If you are a big fan of Vala or of Vala and Daniel as a couple, you might be offended.
Spoilers: Children of the Gods, Forever in a Day, Meridian, Fallen, Chimera, and Threads, plus vague spoilers for early Season 9 up to Beachhead, as well as some possible spoilers for Flesh and Blood, the first episode of Season 10. Takes place early on in Season 10 after Vala has become a member of SG-1.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters do not belong to me; they are the property of MGM/Showtime/The SciFi Channel/Sony Pictures, Double Secret Productions and Gekko Film Corporation. This story is written solely for entertainment purposes and is not intended for commercial profit. This story is copyrighted December, 2005 and may not be used or altered without the express permission of the author.
A/N: If you are reading this after Season 10 has begun airing, please keep in mind that as of this writing, it has only been recently conceived and only a few spoilers for S10 storylines have been leaked. Therefore, some things might not fit in with canon.  In that case, please consider this slightly AU.  A big thanks to Alison and Beth for the beta work, as well as to anyone who's given me ideas and encouragement along the way.

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5




Back to Main Fanfic Page